This mill is a CNC conversion of Little Machine Shop's High Torque Mini Mill. It also has the high speed spindle upgrade installed, doubling the max spindle speed to 5000 RPM.
|End Milling Capacity||0.6“ (16 mm)|
|Face Milling Capacity||1.2” (30 mm)|
|Drilling Capacity||0.5“ (13 mm)|
|Table Size||18.1” x 4.7“ (460 mm x 120 mm)|
|X-Axis Travel||11.8” (300 mm)|
|Y-Axis Travel||5.1“ (130 mm)|
|Z-Axis Travel||9.8” (250 mm)|
|Throat||6.5“ (165 mm)|
|Spindle Motor||0.67 hp (500 Watts)|
|Spindle Speed||200 - 5000 RPM|
In addition to the standard shop safety rules for the machine shop:
- Do not make contact with the revolving cutter.
- Place a wooden pad or suitable cover over the table surface to protect it from possible damage.
- Use the buddy system when moving heavy attachments.
- Do not attempt to tighten arbor nuts using machine power.
- When installing or removing milling cutters, always hold them with a rag to prevent cutting your hands.
- While setting up work, install the cutter last to avoid being cut.
- Never adjust the workpiece or work mounting devices when the machine is operating
- Chips should be removed from the workpiece with an appropriate rake and a brush.
- Shut the machine off before making any adjustments or measurements.
- When using cutting oil, prevent splashing by using appropriate splash guards. Cutting oil on the floor can cause a slippery condition that could result in operator injury.
Contacts for training
Review the following:
- Review of machine and shop safety rules.
- Proper procedures for securing parts / stock.
- Proper installation of cutting bits/tools.
- Proper operation and control of machine.
- Location, operation, and effect of all machine emergency stops.
- Proper procedures for cleanup.
- 5/2014 – Digital Tachometer Installation