This is an old revision of the document!
Board proposal 040 - Create discount program for Class / Workshop instructors
Sponsor: B. Adams
Provide a 50% discount for individuals who teach a workshop or class in the preceding month.
- Member must be a *volunteer*. Instructors paid for their time are not eligible for a discount.
- Classes and schedule must be approved by the Executive Director / CEO
- Class must be open to the general public.
- ED/CEO will help establish budget / pricing for the event.
- Classes must be scheduled with enough lead time for the Marketing Team to successfully promote them
- (Marketing team will come up with a timeline / checklist for this)
- Classes that are cancelled by LMN (low enrollment, equipment problems, etc) /may/ still count toward the discount, according to the discretion of the Executive Director / CEO
- Classes that are cancelled by the instructor /will not/ be eligible to count toward the discount.
How the discount works:
- If a member has taught a class in the preceding month, they will be eligible to receive a 50% discount on their membership/renewal.
- For Quarterly / Yearly memberships, the member must have taught classes during each of the preceding months. (no prorating of quarterly/yearly memberships)
- E.g., if you're renewing for a Quarterly in June, you must have taught a class in May, April, and March.
- Cannot be combined with other discounts.
- E.g., if you already receive the senior or family discount, your membership is still only 50% off.
- If an instructor opts to not take the discount, 50% of their membership fee will be considered a tax-deductible donation to the makerspace.