Makerfarm Prusa i3 3d Printer
|Tool Type||3D Printer|
|Don't have barcode reader? Click here.|
Makerfarm 3d printer donated by Craig Pontius
Contacts for training
- Carl Raymond
- Joe Zimmerman
- Tim Schmidt
- Jerry Fahner
- Already done:
- RaspberryPi-B, USB wifi adaptor, SD card have been gathered and at MakerFarm
- apt-get, rasp-config and OctoPrint upgrades have been done.
- changed default user/pw of R-Pi.
- set timezone
- set keyboard to PC104-US
- Network setup with static IP at 10.1.10.221, on WiFi
- Note, seems OctoPi has FUBAR'ed wlan0 auto setup.
- Setup Port foward for below on ComCast Router.
- There is no DNS at the space, yet.
- ComCast is DHCP, and there is no DynDNS setup. So you just need to know. It does not change much.
- Octo-Pi has been installed,
- created users
- some Octo Admin's
- a LMN common user
- enabled Auto login by local network
- any internal 10.1.10.0/24 will auto login with access.
- Remote or outside will be view only, unless with user/pw.
- enabled auto connect
- Changed Web Page Host name to “LMN MakerFarm i3 Prues”
- Limited haproxy to maxconn of 2. only lets two web pages, as not to overload Pi.
- USB camera has been ordered.
- Currently is trying Pi-Cam, very slow.
- Printer setup modified for
- beginning and ending Gcode scripts
- auto bed leveling code
- OctoPrint has been updated from 1.2.4 to 1.2.5(stable) using the interface
- Added the following plugins
- Custom Control Editor
- System Command Editor
- Editor Collection
- EEPROM Marlin Editor
- Print History
- STL Viewer
- Added stub commands to control the lighting
- Currently using M42 P4 S255 / M42 P4 S0
- We still need a relay hooked up to this pin to drive a light.
- Still needs done:
- 3D Print an enclosure for the pi
- currently using a stock case. But a better custom case to attach to MakerFarm is desired.
- Need to investigate slowing down the FPS. Too much for Pi FFMPEG
- More …
- Write instructions on how to connect and print
- Install and test Cura profiles so STL's can be sliced on the machine
- Test Raspberry Pi B for slicing - may be a problem for larger or complicated parts
- If too slow, slice before uploading or consider Raspberry Pi2
- Install Pi camera on machine which might include 3d printing an enclosure for the camera.
- Currently Duct tape and Wire is holding camera.
- Add LED/Lamp for Camera
- Drive it from Ramps either:
- Using an M42 G-code and the octoprint command plug in creating a couple buttons should be easy
- Other ideas include:
- in parallel to fans
- in parallel to Motors being energized
- Consider all possible scenarios for overheating or loss of control
- Address the issue of the PSU load which is not connected well and also may overheat nearby objects
- A backup of the SD card should be done, and some sort of regular backup system should be in place so if something is ever broken we have a place in time to restore to.
- LDAP authentication or equivalent for future https://github.com/foosel/OctoPrint/issues/594