Electrical Upgrades Working Group
To add more electrical outlets and ensure machinery has adequate AC electrical hookups.
Working Group Members:
How YOU can help:
Please feel free to edit this wiki page, or send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Help answer some of the questions below.
- Tell us your needs or concerns.
- Join this working group!
- To do that, edit this wiki page add your name, and send a message to email@example.com.
- Upgrades must be done in a formal legal way.
- Existing circuits needs to be modified such that tools and lights are not on the same circuits.
Questions that need to be addressed:
(Educated guesses are okay here)
- Which areas need additional outlets?
- Wood shop
- Jewelry bench
- What machines require 220 vs 208?
- What are the legal requirements for adding electrical?
- Do we need a site plan?
- What is our realistic max budget?
Items to recommend:
- Subpanel in woodshop?
Items to research:
- add links and research
- Contact members asking for advice on each area
- Figure out what breakers are controlling which circuits
- Setup a meeting night for those interested in helping with this project
- Get quotes from electricians.