What information does LMN collect?
LMN collects and retains information related to administering your membership. This information may include things such as:
- full name;
- street address;
- phone numbers;
- emergency contacts;
- email addresses; and
- any financial data needed to process your membership dues or donations.
How does LMN use my information?
LMN may use your information:
- to administer your membership;
- to communicate important information to you about the organization;
- to help improve the services the organization can offer; and
- to satisfy our reporting requirements as a tax-exempt organization.
How does LMN protect my information?
Access to member’s personal and/or sensitive information is limited to only those individuals who require it to perform the above-mentioned functions. All other access is strictly prohibited. The information may be stored in physical or electronic form. In either case, appropriate measures will be taken to prevent unauthorized access.
Does LMN share my information with third parties?
LMN will not ever sell or rent your information to a third party. LMN also will not share your information with a third party except under the circumstances outlined in this policy.
Specifically, LMN may share information:
- with vendors, consultants, and other service providers who are engaged by or working with us and who need access to such information to carry out their work for us;
- when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or to respond to lawful requests, claims or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
- when we believe in good faith that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to respond to claims or to protect the rights, property, or safety of LMN, our members, our employees, our volunteers, copyright owners, third parties or the public, including without limitation to protect such parties from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate, or unlawful activity; and
- to enforce or apply this Policy or our other policies or agreements.
Directors and operational staff are expressly prohibited from sharing your information with a third party except as outlined in this policy. This includes providing your information to other members of the organization. Except where we are prohibited by law to do so, LMN will notify you of any release of your information to a third party.
Your responsibility for protecting your information
Although LMN is committed to protecting your privacy, please realize that you have a personal responsibility as well to protect your information. It is up to you to determine the level of privacy you would like to maintain regarding your personal information. For example: sending email to our mailing list may expose your email address for others to find, as well as potentially exposing your full name. You could mitigate this risk by using a separate email address and configuring your mail client to send only your first name.