Lockout / Tagout
The purpose of this page is to educate members and non members about lockout tagout importance and procedures:
What is Lockout / Tagout
- Lockout-tagout (LOTO) or lock and tag is a safety procedure which is used in industry and research settings to ensure that dangerous machines are properly shut off and not started up again prior to the completion of maintenance or servicing work
- It can also be used to identify a machine that is out of service that would be dangerous to energize.
IEC C13 Tagout
Example Tagout installations
- A box in each area that can hold tags / locks etc, sharpies, log book, and brochures.
- Probably keep one log book for the space, but tags and instructions near each area.
- Design and implement an online wiki log book
- 32 Tags need holes cut in them with a hole punch
- very small zip ties are needed
- Sharpies for each box are needed
- Jerry is designing a brochure.
- Printed 40 tags
- 40 Tags have been cut out and laminated – 8 tags were destroyed by the laminater.
- 32 tags are on the chalkboard near the entrance.
- Joe designed an IEC C13 3D printable plug to tagout a device which accepts that kind of power cord